Tuesday 25 August 2020

Ornate Abundance

While making this card I used the daisy type border from the Ornate Border Dies along the edge of the mat piece for the card front. On the rest of the card front I decorated it using a piece of Designer Series Paper adorned with a white framed Daisy, using the Ornate Frames Dies and Ornate Style Stamp Set and finished of with the sentiment from the Ornate Thanks Stamp set heat embossed in White on Coordinating cardstock.

I made this card using the bouquet/posy from the Ornate Style Stamp Set then coloured it using Stampin Blends. I stamped the image twice as I cut parts of some of the flowers out and layered it onto the card for extra dimension. I have used the Ornate Frames Dies to cut out a piece of Vellum to place behind the flowers on an angle. I placed a piece of the Specialty DSP from the peacock papers (No Longer Available) onto the card base of Granny Apple Green then attached the bouquet layer onto the front of the card. Finally adding the sentiment and some acrylic dots to finish it off. On the inside I have lined the card with a piece of Whisper White Card for writing a message, decorating it with a thin piece of the specialty DSP along the edge.

For this card I Heat Embossed The Bouquet of flowers from the Ornate Style Stamp set in Whisper white onto a piece of Whisper white cardstock.
I then chose the colours for the flowers and leaves and sponged these onto the embossed image coordinating appropriate colours. Using this technique is quite rough to try to stay within the lines however it does not matter as it adds to the effect and once I fussy-cut the image out it really looks quite lovely. I have attached this to a piece of Vellum that has been cut out using the Stitched Nested Frames Dies.
For the card base I chose to use Seaside Blue cardstock as I wanted to use this specialty DSP as the background to the card. I have cut this out using the largest of the Ornate Frames Dies. I Then attached the bouquet piece to the card front and base using dimensionals giving the card 3 layers of dimension. Finally I added the sentiment to the top of the Bouquet.
The inside is lined with a piece of Whisper White cardstock for your message, decorated with a thin strip of the specialty DSP along the edge.

This card has lots of layers however I really like how it turned out. The card base is Mint Macaron, upon this I die cut out the a piece of Gorgeous Grape cardstock using the largest of the frames in the Ornate Frames Dies from the Ornate Garden Suite of Products. The next layer is a piece of Highland Heather cardstock cut out using the Stitched Rectangle Dies. The next layer is cut out using another of the dies from the Ornate Frames Die set, for this I have used a piece of Purple Posy Vellum, unfortunately this Vellum is no longer available from Stampin' Up! however it may be found online in places like ebay etc, otherwise I am sure that the regular opaque Vellum would look just as great as this is a very pale colour anyway which can be barely noticed and most of the colour comes from the layer underneath. The top piece is the posy stamped from the Ornate Style stamp set also from the same suite of products. I have stamped the posy using Gorgeous Grape stamp pad then coloured it in using Stampin' Blends Mint Macaron for the leaves, Purple Posy for the smallest flowers, Highland Heather for the darkest flowers and using a water pen/aqua pen coloured the petals of the daisies and Gorgeous Grape with a blender pen for the centre smudging it out a little to create the graduating effect. When Stamping out the flowers I stamped extra images so that I could add layers to the flowers coloured with Highland Heather to create dimension by adding layers of these flowers which creates a realistic effect as these are attached with Dimensionals - Stampin' Up!'s foam adhesives. 
The Gorgeous Grape layer of the card is attached directly to the card base however each layer on top of it is attached using Dimensionals to create raised layers and add dimension to the card.
To finish off the front of this card I added some of the Woven Threads sequins as the colours matched this card well. On the inside I stamped some small images from the same stamp set in opposing corners leaving plenty of room for the senders message to be written.

I really hope you enjoyed this Blog edition and please share among your friends, if they are interested we can organise an Online party any time that may be convenient.

To find more information on the Ornate Garden Suite please click on the link below:


Of course you can also browse around to explore what else is available. Have a great day!!!😊.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to make a comment. I hope you have a great day!

Artistically Inked

  These cards are made using Stampin' Up!'s Artistically Inked Stamp Set and Artistic Dies When making the above cards I first chose...