Sunday 12 July 2020

Sunflowers In Many Colours


As purple is my favourite colour I just had to make some cards featuring these gorgeous sunflowers in purple. I think this card has captured the beauty of these stamps with all ot the detail visible!
For this card I have used Gorgeous Grape for the card base, sunflower and in the sentiment's banner. Lining the base with Highland Heather and topping it with Basic Black embossed using the Parisian Flourish 3D Embossing Folder.
On the inside of this card I have lined it with a piece of Whisper White cardstock and stamped in opposing diagonal corners a smaller sunflower in full colour and a 2nd stamping of the same inking to appear slightly faded.

For this card I have used Purple Posy for the card base, Highland Heather embossed using the Brick & Mortar 3D Embossing Folder, on top of this I have placed a piece of Gorgeous Grape embossed using the Ornate Floral 3D Embossing Folder, this piece is mounted using dimensionals so it is lifted off of the surface underneath it to give it dimension. On this I placed the stamped sunflower also using dimensionals to raise it off the surface below. The sentiment is stamped in Highland Heather on a banner of Purple Posy. The inside of this card is lined with a piece of Gorgeous Grape and a slightly smaller piece of Whisper White cardstock and stamped in the bottom right corner smaller sunflowers using the stamping off technique again with the main sunflower coloured in Highland Heather using the light Stampin' Blend as you can just see a glimpse of.

For this card I have used one of our new "In Colours" Magenta Madness.
I have used this for the card base, sunflower and in the sentiment. This time I have used Smoky Slate for the Brick and Mortar Embossed Layer. Raised off of the surface using dimensionals I have placed a piece of Basic Black embossed using the Parisian Flourish 3D Embossing Folder. For the sunflower if have stamped the sunflower twice, for the base layer and also for the top outline of the petals die cutting this out using the Sunflowers Dies, also making a black one cutting out the centre piece to use in the middle of the sunflower. As the petal outlines are stamped it is a bit harder to notice these in the photo however they do make a great effect when looking at the card otherwise. the sentiment on the front is heat embossed using white Stampin' Emboss powder. Inside the card is lined with a piece of Whisper white and stamped again using the stamping off technique.

This card is made almost the same way as the card above however I used Basic Gray for the Brick and Mortar layer and chose not to emboss the black layer. For the sunflower I used the Inner Petals from top layer of the card above  and an unstamped outline piece for in-between and around the petals. This technique was accomplished using Glad Press n seal and the method I observed Kylie Bertucci using in one of her You Tube videos. The sentiment banner is heat embossed using black Stampin' Emboss Powder. The inside of this card is also the same as the above card. 

This card is made using Misty Moonlight, another of the new "In Colours" for the card base.  As you can see I have used Basic Gray embossed with the Parisian Flourish 3D Embossing Folder for the card front piece. I think this is one of the best photos to notice the effect of this embossing folder. I did not yet have the Coordinating Stampin' Blend I used the Light Night of Navy Stampin' Blend to colour in the sunflower and found it to be a great match, also using the Dark Night of Navy for the highlights. Behind the sunflower I have placed a couple of loops of the coordinating Misty Moonlight/Silver Bakers Twine. The sentiment is Misty Moonlight stamped on Whisper White and die cut using the stitched rectangle die from Ornate Frames dies moving it along the banner to shorten it to fit better.

For this card I have again used Misty Moonlight, however a completely different look with minimal change to the technique. Once again I used the Parisian Flourish 3D Embossing Folder as the card front however this time I highlighted it by rubbing the Whisper White stamp pad over the top of the embossed image.
I have also heat embossed on Vellum the image of the sunflower and leaves in White then coloured the under-side of the Vellum using the Night of Navy and Just Jade Stampin' Blends. I traced the sunflower onto some Whisper White cardstock and fussy cut it out placing it onto the card under the sunflower to enhance the effect of the colouring. The sentiment is Misty Moonlight stamped on whisper white again die cut using the stitched rectangle die made to fit. On the word "shine" I have painted some Wink of Stella over it also over the petals, to add a little bit of bling and enhance the sentiment. The sunflower is attached to the card in the middle only using dimensionals to give it a floating look over the Whisper white underneath.

For this card I have used Just Jade, yet another new "In Colour" for the card base and the sunflower. The Basic Black card front is embossed using the Parisian Flourish 3D Embossing Folder however I had trouble getting the lighting right to see it very well (but it is there😀). Under the sunflower I placed a piece of the coordinating Just Jade Gingham Ribbon. The sentiment I used is from the Timeless Tropical stamp set and the die from the Stitched So Sweetly Die set and have sponged the edges with Just Jade. As you get a peak of I have lined the inside and used the stamping off technique again.

When making this last card I used Mint Macaron for the card base and large Sunflower, the leaves are in Just Jade and the back left sunflower's leaves are in Pretty Peacock. The Brick wall appearance Paper is from the In Good Taste DSP. I used the smaller sunflowers on this card to add depth and as I have referred to them earlier in this blog edition is a good reference for what they look like if you have not seen these before.


As my cards often have a more realistic look/scenes I thought it was a good chance to show that I do create some more bright/abstract looking cards too! I found that this was a great bundle to demonstrate this with and what better chance to introduce some of the new Stampin' Up! In Colours at the same time.

I really hope you enjoyed this Blog edition and please share among your friends, if they are interested we can organise an Online party any time that may be convenient.

To find more information on the Flowers for Every Season Suite or the Celebrate Sunflowers Bundle please click on the link below:



Pictures of the embossing folders used in this Blog


Of course you can also browse around to explore what else is available. Have a great day!!!😊.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to make a comment. I hope you have a great day!

Artistically Inked

  These cards are made using Stampin' Up!'s Artistically Inked Stamp Set and Artistic Dies When making the above cards I first chose...